We believe individuals maximize their potential when they are given the opportunities to learn through life experiences and are provided with the supports they need. Our Community Inclusion program provides individuals with volunteer, recreational, and social opportunities. Individuals make choices about what they want to participate in so that they may achieve their personal goals.
We take time to discover the strengths, preferences and skills of the individuals we serve. This helps us tailor our services to create unique programs that meet the needs of each individual.
Individuals who participate in our Community Inclusion program:
- learn a wide range of life and interpersonal skills
- join in recreational activities and educational classes
- develop friendships
- get involved in their communities
Individuals may participate if they:
- are 18 years or older
- reside in the Burnaby, New Westminster or Tri-Cities area
- have a developmental disability
- want to participate in community activities e.g., recreation, volunteer, social and life skills
- require support for community activity activities participation
- are eligible for various types of Community Living BC funding
People may be referred by Community Living BC or they may request to participate themselves.